Grandma said to Ayden: "Ayden, you don't listen."
Ayden responded with: "Matt doesn't listen either."
-------------------------------------------------
Grandma asks Ayden (in earnest): "Have you seen my shoes?"
Ayden smiles and shakes her head no, even though she is wearing both of Grandma's sandals on her feet.
Grandma asks Ayden for her sandals, but Ayden refuses to return them, and runs off with them instead.
Grandma says to Ayden: " Ayden, do you want me to spank you?" (an empty threat if, I've ever heard one.)
Ayden cocks her head, smirks, stretches out her foot, and drops the sandal in front of her, and says: "You spank me? Here." (She KNOWS an empty threat when she hears one.)
---------------------------------------------------
"Ayden, stop climbing on things," I tell her for the umpteenth time. "You're acting like a little monkey."
Later that day:
"Ayden, what are you doing?" I ask. She is sitting ON the dining table with a banana.
"Hoo-Hoo-Ha-Ha," she says. "I a monkey."
