-- unknown



I just realized that my little popcorn eater is sixteen months old today. I also realized that by counting in months, I'm shortening my lifespan. I'm taking big bites out of life by anticipating the next milestone. I missed a whole three months out of last year by obsessing about her birthday. September through November are nothing but a sea of paper mache and green paint in my memory; they flew so fast.
Soon she'll be twenty four monhs old and I'll have to count our time together in years. I can't count exactly relate time in months when she's seven! People won't appreciate it if I answer their query with a math problem.
"How old is she?"
"Eighty nine months."
"So like... seven? eight? nine?"
Close enough.
Today, she is sixteen months; soon that will turn into sixteen years. There is much to come in our future, but these past sixteen months have taught me a few things:
1. Life is in the little moments.
2. Milestones simplify the counting process.
and
3. Ayden is making me old.