Pages

9.03.2010

Summer has come and gone



In these crazy days of summer, I just haven't been able to find the time to post. Ayden is now 21 months old. Since our big move, she has been weened off the binky, sleeping in her own bed, and allowing me to rinse her hair without crying. She had her first real, blood-drawing "booboo"; has survived two car accidents without a scratch; adopted a kitten; started to ask "what?" and "why?" for every request; and, yesterday, at her request, I painted her toenails for the first time.

Summer mornings have been extra special because they are welcomed with sweet hugs, multiple kisses, and genuine "Ah la you's"--(I love you). Evenings have been reserved for family walks around the property, which she loves. As soon as the word "outside" is mentioned, Ayden rushes to the closet picks out the first two shoes she finds-- whether they be hers or mine-- and pitter-patters to the back door. I think that if it were left up to her, she'd be out in the 100+ degree Texas heat all day long.

When being detained indoors, she stays entertained creating master pieces of art. She has tattooed all of her stuffed animals; and, personalized all of her bed pillows, my linens, Grandma's couch, Uncle Jesse's lunch box, the refrigerator, and my bookcase. She even jazzed up her clear jelly shoes and a pair of her jeans with Ayden originals.

It really has been a summer of change and growth, and I can hardly believe it's passed so fast.