Pages

9.20.2010

Missing Baby

Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed. ~Robert Gallagher



Last week my baby told me "Eww nasty. Me Bath. Eww, Stinky."
Yesterday she ordered the kitten "Get out kitty. Go!"
Today she asked my mom "Where you going? Outside?"

It has come to my attention that the jibberish is rapidly becoming fully formed statements. All too soon, she will ask questions with every breath and have opinions about everything. Somebody make it stop. Return my baby to me. I'm not ready to let go of infancy. I want that smushy, rosy-cheeked, slobber bucket who didn't fight off hugs and kisses. I miss that dimple-cheeked, mess-making rugrat who bopped with every commercial and every ringtone she heard. Twenty-two months have passed too fast. I wasn't able to catch the moments like I wanted to. Oh how i miss my baby, but I love my big girl too.





Ayden-- 11 months