Pages

11.03.2010

Little Nurse

Ayden was trying to climb onto the side table when she fell and bumped her head. "Are you okay?"I ask her. She began to cry, so i picked her up and rubbed her head for a few seconds. I assured her she was okay, so she stood up and went on her way.

Later in the day, Ayden insisted I climb in the crib with her-- she's coming up with more and more ideas on her own each day-- and, after hesitating for a while, I went ahead and got in. "It's a good thing we sprung for the convertible crib with a bolted metal base," I thought.

As we lay in her crib, she "read" to me from her alphabet "book".

"A - B - C - D - E - F - G...twinko twinko itto star... R - A - B," she read.

She sat up so she could read better to me, but she hit my knee with the hard plastic toy while trying to get comfortable.

"You kay?" she asked me. Then, she put the book down, moved closer, and began rubbing my forehead.

"You kay?" she asked once more, before smiling contentedly, and getting back to her book. She was such a cute little nurse in her pink monkey pajamas; and, I can honestly report that by tenderly rubbing my forehead, she really did make my knee feel better.