Pages

11.03.2010

Mano

I am glad to report that I am no longer Adgey. She has come to her senses and is calling me Mami again. Unfortunately for Papi, he has become "Mano." And, even though calling me "Adgey" only lasted a week, she has been relentlessly calling him "Mano" for a month.

She gets up in the morning and asks "Mano, where you goin?" as he gets ready for school. She'll look for him throughout the day asking "Where's Mano?" And, she greets him with a hug and an ecstatic "Mano!"

The other day, he gave me a kiss, and she said, "No, Mano," and then proceeded to give us each a kiss of her own. "Ah la you, Mami. Ah la you, Mano," she tells us.

He tries to convince her to call him Papi. She shakes her head and giggles, as if saying "this guy just doesn't get it." He gives her a stern look and threatens to not buy her any more toys if she insists on calling him Mano. She shakes her head in a slow mocking manner and smiles. He tells her he is serious. She stands up and gives him a hug. "Ah la you, Mano" she tells him and a smile breaks through the stern face he was making.

"She knows how to get to me,"he admits to me. I smile and shake my head. "She's got us both beat," I tell him.