Pages

5.29.2012

Little Helper 2012

Ayden has grown so much in the past six months. There are so many amusing things that she has said and done that I wish I had taken notes; but since I did not, I will try to recall as much as I can.

Earlier in the year, Ayden decided to "wash" my textbooks in the washing machine-- apparently, they needed immediate cleaning. I never look in the washer basin before I load the clothes because it is always empty (well, almost always). So, I was very surprised to find a load of dark clothes covered in fine white fibers. The whole load was ruined. I tried rewashing them three times, and I tried running a lint roller over them, but it didn't work.

Another time, Ayden decided  to help me cook. (  She's aspiring to be a chef. )  Chef Ayden decided that Mommy's taco meat needed a little something more. While I had my back turned to the stove, as I swept the kitchen floor--- literally in a matter of seconds--  the chef added leaves from my houseplant to the meat. I had put jalapenos in the meat, so I did not notice the small  green pieces until it was time to serve dinner. So, we ate Chinese for dinner that night. --- Peking Express to the rescue.

 Now that the weather has warmed up, I am testing my thumb's green factor. I've never gardened before, but I thought I'd give it a shot. My seedlings did really well, until the mini gardener helped me water them.  She drowned a quarter them. Good thing I planted waaaaaaay more than I needed. 

Last week, she assisted me in cleaning my windows. I would clean a window only to find that she would go behind me and clean them "better"--- she's the expert, you know.  Needless to say, it made my job just that much longer. Fortunately, she eventually got bored and left me to it.

As you can see, Ayden is still as helpful as ever.