July 16,2011
Ayden caught staph. The doctor says it’s going around. Fortunately, he says, it’s just on the surface.
5am this morning, I saw it : a giant pustule with a black center almost on her inner thigh. She complained yesterday that her butt hurt. She said Matt hit her, but I ignored her because she has gotten into the habit of lying for attention. She is always saying that Matt hits her, even when he's not around to bother her. She had also told her Papi that her butt hurt at the movies. Thinking that she was uncomfortable on his lap, he readjusted her, and she quickly fell asleep. Last night, I kissed her bottom as I crawled out of bed.
“Ow,” she said “You hit my butt.”
“I just kissed it,” I told her and she fell back to sleep.
But, then this morning... She was still complaining that her butt hurt. So, I checked her bottom. I don’t see anything initially. But then I found it-- way down low on her bottom.... Poor baby. We thought it could be a spider bite. So, I took her in to the ER, where she is seen almost immediately.
An hour and a half after the doctor sees her, he comes back in with a scalpel and gauze. Two nurses hold my poor baby facedown on the hospital bed. The doctor takes that scalpel and cuts right into the giant pus bubble! Just like that, he just cuts it. Ayden is screaming, “Let go my leg!” The nurses hold on tight. She’s pretty powerful for such a tiny person. The doctor drains the liquid. He says the fact that it does not stink means she won’t need to be moved to the Operating Room for surgical removal.
Ayden calms down as soon as they release her. “All better?” she asks.
“All better,” I tell her.
But, now, she thinks that every little bump and bruise merits a doctor's visit.