
My baby is fourteen months old today. She talks a lot-- even though most of her words are garbled so I'm not sure what she's trying to relate to me. Sometimes she emphatically uses her hands to help express what she's saying. I just smile and say "really" or "really?" so she can know she's being heard regardless of not knowing what exactly it is I'm hearing.
I find it especially amusing when she ends with an "ohhh." The kind of "ohh" she gives when daddy's eaten her last grape or she has spilled all of the juice on the table. It really makes me wonder what her entire jumbled speech was about. Is it a dream? Is it something she saw? Is it a memory from previous days?
"I was resting and then I heard alot of commotion and then I was sliding down one two three and then there was a light and then I couldn't breathe and then there was these people and there was daddy and you and then ohhh..." (the nurses took her away)