Pages

1.18.2010

You're Exactly What We Asked For








I know a lot of people don't believe in God and few people would consider asking him for what they want their baby to look like. They may consider it vain or just stupid to think that you can ask God for something so silly. However, I figured that she was a gift special-ordered directly from God. She wasn't just any pregnancy; God answered a prayer in a box. God is perfect, so God would not answer a prayer half-ass (forgive my language). So to God I told what features I would like my daughter to inherit.

It's not like I asked for Angelina Jolie's eyes or Channing Tatum's smile-- no, I kept it to traits that were in our gene pool. I'm not moronic. I wanted her to have my eyes; her daddy's nose; my chin, ears, and eyebrows...

"I want her to have a lot of hair like her daddy but with fine texure like mine," I told God. "I want her skin color to be just a smidge darker than mine... everything else, God," I said, "you can mix as you see fit."

Now am I being ridiculous to think that she has those exact features because God gives perfect gifts? Or should I believe that she ended up with all of those features by some random coincidence? People can believe what they want, but I don't believe life is random. God says that if you ask him for something, he will give it to you. I asked, I believed, I received; and I am very thankful for my gift.

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." Matthew 21:22 King James Version